Nesters is a collection of tagalong sculptures designed to compliment your artwork, bring a smile to onlookers and further invite you into the story of Beau the frog and his Friends Along The Way.
Flopper is the second Nester sculpture featuring Ollie the duckling. Flopper embraces Ollie's clumsy nature, his oversized feet and his awkward duckling face.
With Flopper leaning slightly forward and looking downward, Flopper has been designed by Rob to sit atop your framed artwork, high on a display shelf or atop high surfaces. Nickel Alloy (pictured) is an open edition and optional precious metals are limited editions of 100.
Each Flopper will be signed and include an optional sticky tab that can be placed beneath Flopper to help secure your Nester to your frame to help minimize bumps and falls. Because Flopper is quite heavy, it is recommended that he sit ONLY atop frames that are quite wide (2" is best) and that he is kept away from surfaces that will result in injury or damage should a fall occur.
- Nickel Alloy - Composed of about 60% steel and 40% bronze, your Nester is electroplated with nickel. This is a solid, heavy weight sculpture that endearingly reveals texture marks and pits on the lightly polished surface.
- Precious Metals (14K Gold Plated / 14K Rose Gold Plated) - First, your limited edition Nester is cast in brass, then it is undercast with a tin-rhodium alloy for strength. Finally, it is plated with your chosen precious metal. The resulting finish is a shiny, smooth result with minimal pitting and texture. Precious metal is durable but can be scratched, so we suggest careful handling. Avoid exposure to household cleaning products.
- Polished Silver - The Polished Silver Nester is created using lost-wax casting process. The finished product has a wet, shiny appearance and is a solid piece of silver.
- 50mm - approximately 2 inches tall
- Tip #1 - Flopper is designed to rest on wide and high surface so that he can look downward.
- Tip #2 - A frame width of at least 1.5" is recommended (2" is best).
- Tip #3 - Flopper is quite heavy. Please use caution when selecting the best place to display him. Keep in mind he could break or cause damage should be fall.
This is a fine art sculpture and is not a toy. Please keep all Nesters out of reach of children and pets.
Each Nester is made when you order. Please allow 15 business days (3 weeks) for production and approximately 5 business days (1 week) for shipping (longer shipping periods for international orders).